WAC 162-36-001 Definitions.
(1) "Brokerage services" means access to or membership or participation in a multiple-listing service, real estate brokers' organization or other service, organization, or facility relating to the business of selling or renting dwellings;
(2) "Dwelling" means any building, structure or portion thereof that is occupied as, or designed or intended for occupancy as, a residence by one or more families, and any vacant land that is offered for sale or lease for the construction or location thereon of any such building, structure, or portion thereof;
(3) "Families with children status" means one or more individuals who have not attained the age of eighteen years being domiciled with a parent or another person having legal custody of such individual or individuals, or with the designee of such parent or other person having such legal custody, with the written permission of such parent or other person. Families with children status also applies to any person who is pregnant or is in the process of securing legal custody of any individual who has not attained the age of eighteen years;
(4) "Real estate transaction" includes the sale, appraisal, brokering, exchange, purchase, rental, or lease of real property; transacting or applying for a real estate loan; the provision of brokerage services; or the making or purchasing of loans secured by residential real estate;
(5) "Real property" includes buildings, structures, dwellings, real estate, land, tenements, leaseholds, interests in real estate cooperatives, condominiums, and hereditaments, corporeal and incorporeal, or any interest therein;
(6) "Unfair practices on the basis of creed" or "discrimination on the basis of creed" includes, but is not limited to religious discrimination under the federal Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988.
(7) "'Dog guide' means a dog that is trained for the purpose of guiding blind persons or a dog that is trained for the purpose of assisting hearing impaired persons."
(8) "'Service animal' means an animal that is trained for the purpose of assisting or accommodating a disabled person's sensory, mental, or physical disability."
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.60.120(3) and 1997 c 271. 98-08-035, § 162-36-001, filed 3/23/98, effective 4/23/98. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.60.120(3) and 49.60.240. 96-13-045, § 162-36-001, filed 6/13/96, effective 7/14/96.]